WeaponsCache Forum
Go Back   Weapons Cache Forums > Weapons Discussion > Firearms > Shotguns
Donate

Site Subcriptions

WeaponsCache RSS Feeds  WeaponsCache on Twitter  WeaponsCache on Facebook  WeaponsCache Store!

or Re-send Activation Email

Shotguns A forum for shotgun specific topics.

- Advertise on WeaponsCache -

dependence-gunshot
dependence-gunshot
dependence-gunshot
dependence-gunshot
workshop
workshop
workshop
workshop

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 06:43 PM  Myers42689 is offline     #1 (permalink)

Additional Info
Default T Barker Double Barrel 12 Gauge

I figured I'd post a little about the old T Barker Double Barrel 12 Gauge.. I picked it up for 20$ rusty as hell but still functioning, So I decided to clean the barrels and see if it shoots, Yepp it did but being how old it is I should of done some research first! LOL It Could Of Been Bad! This is the article I found about the gun 10 minutes after putting 2 shells through it..

Belgian shotguns marked 'T Parker' were imported c.1880-1910 for sale through the various mail-order and catalog hardware stores. The play on the name was intentional, designed to fool unwitting buyers into believing this was a Parker Brothers shotgun (it is not). Similar markings include 'Sam Holt' (Colt) and 'W Richards' (Westley Richards). There was a 'Thomas Parker' who was a gun builder in England, but his guns are specifically marked as such and would not have the laminated Belgian barrels.

The gun has no real collector value, although there are a few of us who study the old hardware-store guns. Value is merely whatever someone would pay for something to go over the fireplace, and although we see these marked at $250 consistently we also see them consistently not selling for that. $150-$200 if in Very Good shape is more realistic.

Please do not attempt to shoot the shotgun. As well as being 100 years old (at least), it was never designed for the pressure curve of smokeless powder and any modern ammunition is very liable to separate those barrels and cause injury.

So since then I've taking the firing pins out and nominated it for a nice wall decoration! I've got all the rust off it now and debating weather i wanna blue it or just paint it..

Comments

Good info

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Sponsored Links
Ads only shown to Guests and Regular Members.

Subscribe today and remove this ad!

- Advertise on WeaponsCache -

Site Subcriptions

Old 10-11-2010, 08:45 PM  Geek is offline     #2 (permalink)
Founder, admin

Additional Info

Really cool gun! $20 is definitely a nice price

Why take the pins out?

Old 10-11-2010, 08:48 PM  Myers42689 is offline     #3 (permalink)

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myers42689 View Post

I figured I'd post a little about the old T Barker Double Barrel 12 Gauge.. I picked it up for 20$ rusty as hell but still functioning, So I decided to clean the barrels and see if it shoots, Yepp it did but being how old it is I should of done some research first! LOL It Could Of Been Bad! This is the article I found about the gun 10 minutes after putting 2 shells through it..

Belgian shotguns marked 'T Parker' were imported c.1880-1910 for sale through the various mail-order and catalog hardware stores. The play on the name was intentional, designed to fool unwitting buyers into believing this was a Parker Brothers shotgun (it is not). Similar markings include 'Sam Holt' (Colt) and 'W Richards' (Westley Richards). There was a 'Thomas Parker' who was a gun builder in England, but his guns are specifically marked as such and would not have the laminated Belgian barrels.

The gun has no real collector value, although there are a few of us who study the old hardware-store guns. Value is merely whatever someone would pay for something to go over the fireplace, and although we see these marked at $250 consistently we also see them consistently not selling for that. $150-$200 if in Very Good shape is more realistic.

Please do not attempt to shoot the shotgun. As well as being 100 years old (at least), it was never designed for the pressure curve of smokeless powder and any modern ammunition is very liable to separate those barrels and cause injury.

So since then I've taking the firing pins out and nominated it for a nice wall decoration! I've got all the rust off it now and debating weather i wanna blue it or just paint it..
Ok I had to question that info.. It says T Parker.. And This Is What I Found..

It is not safe to shoot. It is a Belgian cheap imitation of a high-grade gun. Lots of little Belgian gunmakers used to slap names on guns that sounded like famous gunmakers. Names such as W. Richards or WW Green to make people think they were buying high quality Westley Richards or WW Greener shotguns. These old guns usually were made with damascus barrels, which won't hold up to the pressures of smokeless powder loads and were not especially safe when new.

Your gun was a cheap Belgian knock-off of the guns made by the well respected Baker Forging and Gun Company. In their 1897 catalog, Sears sold Theodore Baker shotguns for 1/3 less than the price on the Baker Forging & Gun Company products.

My Mistake.... LOL

Last edited by Myers42689; 10-11-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 PM  Myers42689 is offline     #4 (permalink)

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Really cool gun! $20 is definitely a nice price

Why take the pins out?
Just to be safe.. They easily screw back in

Old 10-12-2010, 12:33 AM  swampfoxammo is offline     #5 (permalink)
Fallen Member - RIP

Additional Info

Sweet!!!!!

Remember, It's easier to get out of Jail than out of the ground.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:49 AM  turkishshotgun is offline     #6 (permalink)

Additional Info

This is great, man, it would make hunting

Old 07-09-2013, 04:57 PM  mattnh is offline     #7 (permalink)
VIP Member

Additional Info

Hmm, I guess $20 isn't a bad price for a 100yr old club, lol...

I'm worried about out new friend TurkishShotgun if he takes this hunting!!!

Last edited by mattnh; 07-09-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:16 AM  Boriqua is offline     #8 (permalink)
VIP Member

Additional Info

I'm surprised there is not a collectors market for something like that. There are collectors for almost anything. Found a forum not to long ago of people who collect and trade vodka bottles. It was a particular brand but can't remember which.

I set up a exhibit with toys from the 70s. Some cool stuff but mostly junk. There just has to be a group that collects these drug store guns

Old 07-10-2013, 03:01 PM  mattnh is offline     #9 (permalink)
VIP Member

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boriqua View Post
There just has to be a group that collects these drug store guns
Not everything is collectable.

Ever heard of a cow pie collection?

Old 07-10-2013, 03:57 PM  Boriqua is offline     #10 (permalink)
VIP Member

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnh View Post
Not everything is collectable.

Ever heard of a cow pie collection?
I haven't heard of one but I am sure that if you look hard enough they are collectable cow pies for someone out there. Maybe a cow pie collection that looks like historical gigures