WeaponsCache Forum
Go Back   Weapons Cache Forums > Weapons Discussion > Firearms > Rifles
Donate

Site Subcriptions

WeaponsCache RSS Feeds  WeaponsCache on Twitter  WeaponsCache on Facebook  WeaponsCache Store!

or Re-send Activation Email

Rifles A forum for rifle specific topics.

- Advertise on WeaponsCache -

dependence-gunshot
dependence-gunshot
dependence-gunshot
dependence-gunshot
workshop
workshop
workshop
workshop

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 09:53 PM  trigger is offline     #1 (permalink)
Avenging Angel

Additional Info
Default The new US made UZI receiver have been available since the beginning of December

A few months back I posted that there was a new UZI comming well it's been available since December as a frame in white. The Manufacturer is McKay for NODAK SPUD located in Edina Minn. These receivers are made with the same specs as the IMI's are as good as an IMI. They are far better than the Group Industries receivers that were made.

Pics of NDS/McKay Uzi receiver
Model # will be NDS-1948
SN range will start with: IDF0001

Regular Price: Fully welded receivers $200 + $20 shipping, LIMITED INTRODUCTORY PRICE $185 + $20 SHIPPING

Regular Price: Shell only (with blocking bar) $100 + $15 shipping, LIMITED INTRODUCTORY PRICE $85 + $15 SHIPPING

Since they are serialized receivers they need to be shipped to an FFL.

Heres a link to their UZI page if you click on the HOME PAGE button (at the top) you'll get contact info.

UZI Page

Last edited by trigger; 03-06-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Sponsored Links
Ads only shown to Guests and Regular Members.

Subscribe today and remove this ad!

- Advertise on WeaponsCache -

Site Subcriptions

Old 03-06-2011, 10:07 PM  Colt45 is offline     #2 (permalink)
Redneckanator

Additional Info

NODAK makes some very very nice recievers, Thanks Trigger! Wish I could get one but up to my eyeballs in something else right now

Colt45

"Don't tread on me"

Sic semper tyrannis

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Самозарядный карабин системы Симонова

Old 03-06-2011, 10:10 PM  phatdoughnut is offline     #3 (permalink)
Founding Member

Additional Info

The welded receiver is having problems

NDS/McKay Uzi receivers please read - UZI Talk Forums

STAY AWAY COLT!

Old 03-06-2011, 10:21 PM  trigger is offline     #4 (permalink)
Avenging Angel

Additional Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatdoughnut View Post
The welded receiver is having problems

NDS/McKay Uzi receivers please read - UZI Talk Forums

Thanks I had not seen that post yet here it is for all to read. This came right from NODAK SPUD

Quote:
NDS/McKay Uzi receivers please read

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advisory Notification Regarding the NDS-1948W welded “Uzi” receivers

It has come to our attention that three examples of this product have experienced failures in the weld attaching the front trunion to the receiver shell.

One of the guns failed after 4-5 round were fired, and the other two after approximately 60 rounds were fired.

All three firearms were built as Post-Sample Machineguns by licensed manufacturers.

The receivers in question were repaired by the customers before they had notified us of the defect so that there is no way for us to inspect the parts to see what the exact cause was.

Both customers were very happy with the product in spite of this defect, and did not express any desire to return them for replacement.

After an initial inspection of some of our in-house inventory we believe that the failures were caused by over-zealous grinding of the welds which thinned out the connecting material, rather than due to poor quality welding.

During our testing of prototype and production NDS-1948 receivers we have experienced zero failures regarding the welds.

We believe this to be an isolated incident, and this does not constitute a recall, but rather and advisory to our customers.

Please inspect your receiver in the front to see if the four (4) points that are welded to the trunion are experiencing cracking or separation. Also look at it from the top or bottom to see if the sides of the trunion area have obvious “dips” or depressions due to excessive dressing of the welds.

If you experience a failure in the welds; please notify us immediately BEFORE you attempt any repairs. We would like to examine the receiver (or pictures of it) so we can ascertain what is the root cause.

We (NDS and McKay Ent.) will repair or replace any receivers that experience failures of the welds, and will also reimburse your return shipping costs.

McKay Enterprises has stated that they will not reimburse customers for any finishing on the receiver. (Parkerizing, Duracoat, Bluing, etc.)

McKay Enterprises has initiated an inspection, rework, and testing regime on all remaining inventory of the NDS-1948W “fully welded” receivers, and changes will be made to the next production run to alleviate any possible problems in this area.
They show at their site that they are out of stock at the moment and McKay is on it. I'm sure that they will work it out and fix any problem. So I wouldn't run up the white flag just yet.

Last edited by trigger; 03-06-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:47 PM  Geek is offline     #5 (permalink)
Founder, admin

Additional Info

Great to see these on the market. I'd love an Uzi one day.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:01 PM  phatdoughnut is offline     #6 (permalink)
Founding Member

Additional Info

So if there anything special that needs to be done if you already have a receiver that is welded up?

Old 03-06-2011, 11:14 PM  trigger is offline     #7 (permalink)
Avenging Angel

Additional Info

It looks to me if you found a problem that you can ship it back to NDK and they will have McKay take care of it and pay shipping costs. If you don't have one yet then I think you would be all set. It also seemed that the problems were with FA's which are much more brutal on the receivers.

Last edited by trigger; 03-06-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 PM  phatdoughnut is offline     #8 (permalink)
Founding Member

Additional Info

I ment is there anything special that needs to be done to finish building the rifle? you get a kit and the receiver and your gtg?

Old 03-06-2011, 11:41 PM  trigger is offline     #9 (permalink)
Avenging Angel

Additional Info

It dosn't seem to except to put a finnish on it and I think that would be it. I wish I could get one but I can't in my state unless I had it sent somewhere to have it SBRd before it was sent to my title 2 dealer.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:10 AM  phatdoughnut is offline     #10 (permalink)
Founding Member

Additional Info

Why can't you just get a carbine length bbl and build the kit?